Kjeldsen1988 - Polo Project codename "Polf"

• Hi all again
    The following topic is in english!

I'm a new user and i have a project in mind that will be started in the near future, hopefully this summer.

The project is to save an old Polo Hit/Fox or GT coupé from the scrapyard. And the polo HAS to be same type/edition as the Hit or Fox.. Why? we are coming to that later ;)

The whole car will be rebuild with a whole lot of new additions. It will also be build all by myself and my mate at his garage, where all the necessary tools are. AND the paintjob will even be beformed by myself. I have some experience in car paintjobs so i think i can manage it :)

My mate and i are NOT educated mekanics or engineers. Im actually educating myself to carpenter (I think the deutsch word is Tischler) and my mate is educating himself on higher level. But we both got a very high passion for cars and we have both allways repaired our cars. I have even been doing some racing for a while on dirt track with an old Ford Sierra 2.0 Doch.

Back to the project.
    The whole interior will be modernised, and all handmade by myself and my granddad (He's an expert in sowing and furniture)
    There will be a complete sound system built up in wooden boxes, then coated in fiberglass and molding for a nice finish. Again we are all doing it by ourselves. Frontseats will probably be replaced.

The engine will be replaced, by either a Golf 3 1,8 Gasoline or Turbo Diesel engine. Thereby the name "polf". But we have allso been considering a Polo 6n 1,6 16v and an Lupo 3L engine. But we aren't quite sure just yet :)
    When changing the engine, there will be installed powersteering into the car, so the older car will be modernised :)
    The car will be fitted with sport braking system with the basics from a Golf 3 or Polo 6n.

The exterior will be a mix of old school and modern tecnology. Maybe a blend of Golf 2 G60 bumpers, Golf 3 headlights. But still thats just some thoughts.
    This car will be built so i can be road legal by the danish rules

Hmm i Don't know if i got it all in here, but if you got suggestions or questions, feel free to ask :)

By Kenneth K
    Denmark
    Vw Enthusiast

• heyhey,sounds interesting :)
    i would wouldn´t prefer the lupo 3l engine,because it´s a rather boring engine.furthermore,i´m not sure if it would work without an tiptronic-gear.
    are you planing to adapt the start/stop module?
    moreover i´m not in favour with the golf 3 headlights.have you already thougt about derby-headlights?

anyway,im excited how it will continue....maybe with some pictures ;)

• Hi again, thanks for the reply.

Yeah the Lupo engine is also only a thought. Im leaning more to the idea with the 6n Engine :)
    Also the Golf 3 headlights are cutted out of the project. The Derby headlights could be an interesting idea :D the problem is just getting the stuff here in Denmark. So if there are some german site's who actually will deliver or send to Denmark please write them, that'll be cool :D

The car is supposed to be a kind of Golf/Polo "hybrid" but as more ideas come, more car names come.. But one thing is fore sure, it has to be VW Parts only! I will nokt accept parts from Toyota, Bmw and so on because i know what VW is, and thats what im sticking to :)

Pictures will come as soon as the car is found. They're not exactly haning on the trees here in denmark.. Well Golf is, but i want a Polo! :D

• Offizieller Beitrag

Good morning and welcome to the PoloMagazin !

Zitat

Original von Kjeldsen1988
    This car will be built so i can be road legal by the danish rules

can you explain a little bit about the conditions to fulfill this requierements?
    For example you wrote about installing servo steering... in the mind´s eye I see me in a discussion with the
    german technical authority (TÜV) about this issue :D :rolleyes: This could be a hard argumentation.
    Is it so easy in Denmark as it sounds from your words (in comparison to german law)?
    Is there an instance like "TÜV" in Denmark?

p.s. whats your hometown in Denmark? Not near the german borderline, isnt it?

• Welcome to PoloMagazin Kjeldsen1988,

Anxious to images.

I speak englisch very well , nur ein paar brocke und net so schnell :D

Sorry für den släng , konnte es nicht lassen

Autos helfen ein wenig, die Zeit einzusparen, die sie in Anspruch nehmen.

Wolfram Weidner (*1925)

Das erste Auto im Leben vergißt man ebensowenig wie die erste Frau.

Stirling Moss (*1929)

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von Street-pearl ()

• Zitat

The Derby headlights could be an interesting idea :D the problem is just getting the stuff here in Denmark. So if there are some german site's who actually will deliver or send to Denmark please write them, that'll be cool :D

hello kjeldsen,

you can also try to search for car-parts here in the forum, in the topic named "suche". the delivery costs to denmark are not so expensive.

mfg

• Zitat

. But one thing is fore sure, it has to be VW Parts only! I will nokt accept parts from Toyota, Bmw and so on because i know what VW is, and thats what im sticking to :)

Pictures will come as soon as the car is found. They're not exactly haning on the trees here in denmark.. Well Golf is, but i want a Polo! :D

have you ever thougt about a trip to germany and buy a polo here?
    the benefit of it would be the rather cheap price and the variety ;)
    to get back to the parts-problem:
    don´t mind to post your search-list in here.i´m quite sure that the dispatch isn´t that expensive ;)

• Hi!
    I can try to explain the basic rules on this point. The car may not have any rust in the supporting structure of the car and the floorboard/Chassis and bodywork may not have rust holes or "sharp" edges. All Styling parts have to have the TÜV Approval, if they don't, the car will fail.
    Then again the car may not be tuned with parts that does not have TÜV approval. We have a rules called the 20% rule wich meens the car may not be tuned over 20% the stock horsepower (ps) example. The car is born with 100 ps, then you may not exceed 120ps. Unless you pay a fee to the government and makes your car stronger, and fit better brakes. Then you can legally exceed the 20% rule.
    The steering doesnt have any specific rules as far as i know. Only it has to be fitted properly and work likewise. There may not be any slack or delay in the steering :)
    Thats what i know at the moment. There are also minor rules about headlight settings and so on.
    Btw I'm Living in a city called Viborg approx. 220 Km from the German borderline :)

Thanks again to you all who have bid me welcome :) Great site, and what a great positive response to my project. I Thought you would think that i where another crazy Danish guy :P

Da_flo. Yes i have considered buing many cars i germany because you do not, as far as I know, salt the roads during the winter so your cars are i much better state. And they are very cheap. But there is a catch. If i buy a car in germany, there will be an additional tax to the car, where they judge the price after the cars state. I have researched this a lot. And as far as i know it would actually be more expensive buing a car in germany and bringing it home to Denmark ?(

And ill try looking in the parts forum, but I might have some sloght problems with the language again :(

• Offizieller Beitrag

Try to find someone selling his car to you. Then he will "visit" you with HIS car and just leave without car by train. Car got somehow lost somewhere in Denmark... :D
    Seriously, if you have German car in Denmark and you go to admission office with sales contract to have the car registered to you, do they care about how the car came to Denmark (tax...)?
    Seller could send you the de-registration papers when being back in Germany, so you just have to wait for that before going to Danish admission office.
    Just an idea, maybe it works.
    But money for the sellers "journey" most probably is higher than the tax fee.
    How much do they charge you for old Polo? Cannot be much as car's sales price might be under 500 Euro, or at least you could show the duty staff a "2nd" bill for lower tax. :tongue:

• Hmm... Under that surcomstance, i think the government will tax the car, because it is an import car :furious:
    Very annoying rules we have here in Denmark and the tax is skyhigh, especially in this area, cars. I can acutally get several Polo's here in Denmark for the Danish price of 2500 KR. Thats approx 335Euro, so in the end i think it can payoff just buing the Polo here in Denmark :)

But it will never have the same state as a car in Germany, again because you don't use salt on the roads during the winter

• Zitat

But it will never have the same state as a car in Germany, again because you don't use salt on the roads during the winter

Hy from Tyskland

(Home of salt in winter :) )

lower 5° we use salt in tons per squaremeter, or more... :D

German cars are not better than danish.

See ya in Odense (with polo (or Derby))

Ralle