Lupo radkappen auf Polo 2F / 91'er?

• Hello

Quick question: Does Lupo hub caps fit original Polo wheels?
    They are both 13", but I think the hub caps looks to "straight"? - The original Polo wheels has a deepening in the center of the hub?

Original Polo hub cabs:

Lupo hub cabs:

And a German version from Google Translate (sorry - I'm a danish guy, with bad german skills...)

Kurze Frage: Gibt es Lupo Radkappen passen ursprünglichen Polo Räder?
    Sie sind beide 13 ", aber ich denke, die Radkappen erwartet, dass" gerade "? - Die Original Polo Räder hat eine Vertiefung in der Mitte der Nabe?

• Hi,
    on the first picture it seems that those are alu wheels. they won´t fit with any hub caps. only the small caps in the middle of the wheel, which hide the wheel screws.
    for steel wheels I don´t know the answer, but I have seen some guys who fittet 15" hub caps with cable ties on 13" steel wheels. maybe cable ties are also a solution for you if they dont fit, but as you know its not a proper solution :D

• Zitat

Original von steilheckulli
    Hi,
    on the first picture it seems that those are alu wheels. they won´t fit with any hub caps. only the small caps in the middle of the wheel, which hide the wheel screws.
    for steel wheels I don´t know the answer, but I have seen some guys who fittet 15" hub caps with cable ties on 13" steel wheels. maybe cable ties are also a solution for you if they dont fit, but as you know its not a proper solution :D

No, the one on the first picture is just standard Polo hub cabs :)

http://bilmodel.dk/images/cars/92_1.jpg

• Zitat

Original von audi50gl
    They only fit to 5,5x13 rims. To the 4,5x13 on your picture they don't.
    You can use the Lupo rims on your Polo with 155/70 or 165/65 tires, the rims are the same size like Polo GT and saloon with 5,5x13 e38.

Okay, thanks.
    I have found this Polo with Lupo hubcaps - but thats also the different type of rims
    http://www.bilgalleri.dk/html/alb_vis.asp?AlbumID=46429

• Zitat

Original von Polo4l

got them 5 years ago, or somethin, but i´m back on OEM´s now ;)

Looks good!

Well, if my Polo had the OEM caps, I would be satisfied
    - But the dealer where I bought the car have fitted it with these:

(The car is importet from Germany just before I bought it)

My rims look like this:

(looks like they are from the 86c model? Or is it normal 2F rims?)

Would it be possible to mount the Lupo hubcaps on those?

I have found a lot of the Lupo hubcaps on Ebay.de - they are cheap, but the postage to Denmark is unfortunately around 25 € extra, and very few are willing to send to Denmark :(

• This might be the OEM rims.
    The caps will fit on 4,5 *13 et 38 and ET 45 ( I accidently bougt a et 45, but afai remember, it fits supertight, but had a verlly little swelling ) The early 2F had et 45´s anyway.

38´s in my pic above.

• Zitat

Original von Polo4l
    This might be the OEM rims.
    The caps will fit on 4,5 *13 et 38 and ET 45 ( I accidently bougt a et 45, but afai remember, it fits supertight, but had a verlly little swelling ) The early 2F had et 45´s anyway.

38´s in my pic above.

Okay - it's a 1991, so it's one of the earliest 2F's?

Så the ET38 is this type?:

And the ones on my car is ET45?

I think I'll better ask a used car dealer, if I can try the hub cabs from a Lupo on my...

• Zitat

Original von Polo4l
    et 45 and et 38 look the same, the one of your pic are et 38 from the Fox only, the ohers are CL, and so

Okay.... Thats complicated rim-science!

But yes, the picture above is from a Fox, and my Polo is a CL.

Thanks for the help... :)